Word Fighter!

'Boggle' has been my go to warmer for English lessons for a long time now. Out of all the warmers that I use, this is the most requested and enjoyed by my class. 

When I first started using it, I would ask the children for the letters and fill in a grid on the board. Then I started using this cool website and clicking, 'roll the dice again' to change the letters until a random child shouted when to stop. Nowadays, I use my own stylised PowerPoint 'app' for the purpose, and I've reverted to allowing the children to select the letters.

As you can see in the screen-shot below, there is an area where you can type 10 letters at the side and details of the points per word at the top as well as basic instructions. These areas are all easily editable before play.


I usually have the children play it in pairs (using mini whiteboards to write their words on), but sometimes have individuals or larger groups. It mostly depends on their current seating arrangement to be honest. Either way, it's a great way to get the children thinking, finding patterns and introducing new vocabulary. The kids really do love it and can get very competitive about it! 

To download, 'Word Fighter' click here to open it up in a new tab and then download before using to ensure it displays properly. 

Please drop a comment if you enjoy it or have any questions or suggestions. Thank you!

Please note, that neither the game logo or the timer video belongs to me. If you enjoy the 'app', please support the creator of the video (with its cool music) bsubscribing to his YouTube page

Comments